Habitat Home Repairs
Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County partners with local families who need assistance to complete necessary repairs or modifications to their homes. Each project is specific to the needs of the homeowner and their home in order to increase the quality of life for the homeowner and keep their home a safe and stable environment.
To qualify for Habitat Home Repair services, one must have:
- A need for repairs that you cannot complete yourself.
- Ownership and occupancy of the home as your primary residence for at least 1 year and plans to stay in the home for at least 3 years.
- A total family income that is not more than 80% of Frederick County’s median income.
Habitat works with local residents in need of home repairs ranging from landscaping and minor repairs through critical repairs. If needed, Habitat staff can work with homeowners receiving citations or fines from their HOA, local governing authority or homeowner’s insurance to bring their home back into compliance. Habitat is also committed to helping local residents find the resources they need if their particular home needs fall outside of our typical scope of work.
Examples of Habitat Home Repair projects include:
- Exterior scraping, caulking and non-cosmetic painting
- Siding and trim repair or replacement
- Board replacements on porch, stair or ramp
- Door replacement
- Floor and drywall repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing repairs and leaks
- Landscaping (pruning, trimming, reseeding and general clean-up)
- Weather stripping
- Interior and exterior work necessary to maintain living in the home
Aging in Place Modifications
Habitat provides modification services to local seniors, and those with disabilities, that foster safe, livable homes and communities to improve their quality of life.
Examples of Aging in Place modifications:
- Installation of grab bars
- Installation of additional handrails
- Flooring repairs to remove trip hazards
- Raised toilet seats
- Improved lighting for greater visibility
- Tub Cuts (converting tubs into walk-in showers)
- Wheelchair ramps
To be considered for Habitat Home Repairs:
To be considered for Habitat Home Repairs, complete the application in the link above and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via mail to:
Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County, MD
Attn: Habitat Home Repairs
P.O. Box 338
Frederick, MD 21701-0338