The Neighborhood Revitalization program focuses on uplifting neighborhoods for the benefit of all who live there. Completed through individual home repairs for citizens in need, as well as projects that benefit the community at large, the focus of the program is to give all residents a sense of pride and dignity where they live. To accomplish these efforts, Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County collaborates with neighborhood residents and local partners to change the face of neighborhoods and the lives of the families who live there.
A Brush With Kindness
As part of the Neighborhood Revitalization program, Habitat for Humanity partners with families who cannot afford necessary repairs to their homes and are in need of assistance. These repairs may range from minor clean-up efforts to major repairs to help citizens remain safe in their homes.
To qualify for repair services, you must have:
- A need for repairs that you cannot complete yourself.
- Ownership and occupancy of the home as your primary residence for at least 1 year and plans to stay in the home for at least 3 years.
- A total family income that is not more than 80% of Frederick County’s median income.
Examples of A Brush With Kindness projects include:
- Exterior scraping, caulking and painting
- Window repair
- Siding and trim repair
- Minor roof repair and soffit or fascia replacement
- Board replacements in porch, stair or ramp
- Door replacement
- Landscaping (pruning, trimming, reseeding and general clean up)
- Clean-up of brush and junk removal
- Weather stripping
- Interior and exterior work necessary to maintain living in the home
- Extensive siding and trim repair or replacement
- Porch or wheelchair ramp construction
- Installation of handrails
- Floor and wall repair or replacement
To be considered for A Brush With Kindness Home Repairs…
To be considered for A Brush With Kindness Home Repairs, complete the application and return it to our Director of Housing, Jennifer Minnick, at email@example.com or mail to:
Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County, MD
Attn: Housing Department
117 East Church Street
Frederick, MD 21701